Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Arrival, Firenze

So here i am again back in Firenze ( i went on a school trip 3 years ago) getting my Masters in Museum Studies,  i never thought that this would happen.  I always joked that i would move to Italy and now that i am here it seems surreal. Yes i guess you could say I am in what they would call the Honeymoon stage of living abroad but i am going to try and milk it for all its worth. Technically school has yet to start and i am a little nervous that once it dose it will burst my happy bubble i have created.

My trip to Italy did not start off well. I of course was extremely nervous. My mom kept commenting on our way down how calm i was with the whole situation, little did she know i was basically screaming on the inside. Once i made it to JFK Airport and said goodbye my parents those doubting thoughts immediately kept popping in my head, "I don't want to do this," "Can I just turn around and go home." Of course i didn't but those nagging voices said with me for the next 12hours of my journey.  Then came the oh so fun plane ride, which of course i had a migraine the whole way through and nothing to take for it,which made me very sick the whole flight...:/. I was never happier to be off a plane in my lice once we landed.
Giotto’s Campanile from apartment.

Once we landed in Florence we, as in all the students who participated in the group flight, we met by Marist staff. We were quickly group off with our new roommates and taken to our new apartments for the next year. As we arrived we were greeted by a giant wooden door that looked like it came from a castle, and believe me opening it felt like one too. Once in the door we were met with out next challenge, making our way up to the apt. Now since Florence is such an old city most of the buildings that house the apts are old as well which meant no elevators. I started climbing the stair case, and climbing and climbing and climbing, 8 flights of stairs and 105 steps later i finally reached it, and with a 50lb bag that was not fun.

I then meant 2 more of my lovely roommates and i have to say that we are getting along very well and i really enjoy living with each of them. The apt is great, very big and spacious. Windows everywhere you turned, and a great view of the Giotto's Campanile!

So, so far so good. Im living with 5 great girls in a great apartment in a Great city. Lets just see how the rest of the year goes, fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment